See Newsletter for details
10:00 Holy Communion or Morning Prayer
Templetrine Church or The Chapel of Traghne is about a mile from Ballinspittle Village, nestling on the edge of Garretstown Wood. Built by the Normans, the church is situated in the townland of Kilmore.
This well-executed rural church displays numerous features typical to the Board of First Fruits style, including a crenellated bell tower and simple nave. The scale small building was extended with the addition of the bowed chancel and vestry. Retaining much of its historic character, it is a noteworthy addition to the surrounding landscape.
Freestanding double-height Board of First Fruits style Church of Ireland church, built 1822, comprising two-bay nave, having three-stage bell tower to side (west) and later single-bay single-storey lean-to vestry to front (north) and three-bay bowed chancel to side (east). Pitched slate roofs with rendered eaves, limestone gable copings and cast-iron rainwater goods. Rendered crenellated parapets with corner pinnacles to bell tower. Roughcast rendered walls with rendered plinths to nave and bell tower. Recessed rendered panels to second-stage of bell tower, having rendered cornice to base of parapet. Pointed arch window openings with stone sills and hood mouldings to nave, having tooled limestone Y-tracery and oculus with lead-lined stained glass windows. Pointed multi-foil arch window openings with chamfered limestone sills and surrounds to chancel, having lead-lined stained glass windows. Pointed arch window opening with stone sill and dressed stone voussoirs to vestry, having two-over-two pane timber sliding sash window. Pointed arch louvre openings with tooled limestone surrounds and hood mouldings to third-stage of bell tower, having timber louvres, some blocked. Pointed arch door opening to front elevation of bell tower, having tooled limestone hood moulding and replacement double-leaf panelled timber doors. Square-headed door opening with dressed limestone voussoirs to vestry, having replacement panelled timber door. Rubble stone enclosing walls with square-profile gate-piers having wrought-iron gates. Set within graveyard.